The Systems Administrator will be responsible for administration and maintenance of Prelude’s systems and workstations and should have a firm understanding and experience with Linux and Windows systems. They will provide custom builds to supplement and improve existing infrastructures. This role will be responsible for providing strong technical support to our products and projects and oversee our data storage requirements. The Systems Administrator will participate in ensuring quality within the infrastructure, ensuring that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are properly maintained and documented.
- Understand environment thoroughly enough to administer/debug any system
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Collaborate on automated provisioning & updating of systems
- Collaborate on network administration and security
- Respond to alerts as needed
- Expert knowledge and experience of Linux administration
- Scripting skills
- Experience in automation/configuration management
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Three to six years system administration experience, Windows and Linux Server; Ubuntu or Centos
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player mentality
- Willingness to learn
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Linux and Microsoft a plus
To apply for this position please upload your resume and cover letter below.